Saturday, December 13, 2008

Verb conjugation

Verbs are complicated. I purposefully did not create every possible tense, mood, aspect, etc., just those I thought I was most likely to use.

Considering the longevity of the draenei, I assume the most common present will actually be the progressive/continuous, because most things in their life will be ongoing, the same now, in the past and in the future. This forms the basis for my accent in Common, as I most frequently replace the regular verb with an ongoing version.







Present Indicative
SingPlur
I-oh-emeh
you-oseh-eteh
he/she/it-on-esteh(n)








Present Progressive/Continuous
SingPlur
I-dja'oh-dja'meh
you-dja'oseh-dja'teh
he/she/it-dja'n-dja'steh(n)








Present Subjunctive
SingPlur
I-koh-kemeh
you-koseh-keteh
he/she/it-kon-kesteh(n)


In other words, the subjunctive is formed with the addition of -k-, the coninuous with -dja-, before the appropriate ending.







Simple Past
SingPlur
I-mai-ataam
you-tai-tayid
he/she/it-nai-atar








Simple Future
SingPlur
I-mu-emar
you-oto-etar
he/she/it-nu-estar


infinitive: -ein
gerund/participle: -djuhin







To Be
SingPlur
I-ohmi-emeh
you-ohseh-eteh
he/she/it-ohmon-esteh(n)

No comments: