Monday, September 8, 2008

Introduction Post

Let me start by telling you a bit about who I am and what you can expect to find on this blog:

Aurhia Rumbleshot is a Draenei Shaman (Resto) in the Keepers of Stromgarde on the rp-pvp server The Venture Co. (US) in World of Warcraft. I'm also a professional web developer and the web shaman for the Keepers, so if I find any cool widgets that you can put on your guild/character website, I'll probably post about that as well.

Given all of that, you'll see

Draenei - I am a language/anthro geek, so one of the fun things about playing a Draenei is their alien culture and language. There's some canon language listed in wowwiki.com. I've expanded on that for my own benefit, as well as extrapolating customs and culture, and I'll be posting what I use for my characters. You're welcome to use as much or as little as you'd like. If you are a language geek like me and expand on what I've written (esp. if you're on the Venture Co. server), let me know and I'll include it here as well. 

Shaman - Class info and discussion. It will be skewed toward the Draenei shaman specifically because I have very little experience with Horde shaman; horde players are welcome to comment on what's different with their character's race.

Restoration Spec - Lots of resto druid info out there. Not so much with the resto shaman. I'll post resources I find helpful in playing resto and generally being the main healer.

Venture Co and the Keepers of Stromgarde - I love my server and my guild. I'll probably post updates about both, including events we're planning.

WoW Web Development Info - There are lots of nifty widgets and great places to get enhancements for your website (like the wowhead tooltip popup). When I find them and try them out, I'll let you know which ones are easy to use, work, or cause major problems in one browser or another.

Roleplaying and PVP - Venture Co is an RP-PVP server. That means we do BOTH, often at the same time. I'll focus on them individually and also post about how to put them together without causing a meltdown of catastrophic proportions.

Ask Aurhia - I'm not an expert. I don't play one in WoW, either. But I've got a good head for research and I'd love to help you find information that will make playing a shaman or main healer more fun for you, help you get other people on your server involved with open roleplay, figure out the stat you need to max first on your pvp gear after you hit 492 resilience (or whatever the new number will be in Wrath of the Lich King). Got a question on any of the above subjects? Ask it! I'll help you find the answer.

No comments: